Mission: One ride, one way, once a month can make a difference! Give older adults the gift of self-sufficiency, which falls under the highest level of tzedakah, by helping them get to appointments and community programs. Our driving program is operated in partnership with ShareCare Faith In Action.
What To Expect:
- You will start your journey to becoming a Volunteer Driver with a brief intake session with the JFS Volunteer Coordinator.
- There is a follow-up training session with the ShareCare coordinator.
- After this session, you will be entered into ShareCare’s database and contacted by email to be notified of ride-giving opportunities.
Support from ShareCare:
- ShareCare provides our Volunteer Drivers with “Excess Automobile Liability Insurance” for bodily injury and property damage.
- Drivers communicate by email with ShareCare coordinators and staff.
- A mileage reimbursement program exists for all ShareCare drivers.
Time Commitment: The Volunteer Driver position is flexible and based on your schedule.
Training and volunteer expectations will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator when you are welcomed to the team!