The leaves are changing, and Jewish Family Service is already receiving calls from clients who need coats for their children.
At this time of year, a great way to show gratitude is to remember that for many clients of the JFS Community Food Pantry, needs are higher because of financial stressors from the global pandemic.
Kristen Johnson, Coats & Cocoa chair for the past two years, has set the standard for creative and innovative ways to collect quality coats for Allentown families.
“Last year it brought me so much joy to see how meaningful it was for kids to pick out their own new coats from our coat drive,” says Johnson. “It’s a totally different experience than receiving a hand-me-down.”
In keeping with our safety protocols and reduced staff and volunteer hours, we have made the following changes to this year’s Coats & Cocoa program related to our donations:
- Winter coats must be brand new with tags
- Children’s sizes 2T-18 only
- Suggested stores that are affordable and run sales include, but are not limited to: Kohls, Walmart, Target and Costco
- Ship to Kristen Johnson at the JCC, 702 N. 22nd Street, Allentown, PA 18104 or drop off at the front desk of the JCC
- If you would like JFS to purchase coats on your behalf, visit our Make a Donation page and choose the drop down box labeled Coats & Cocoa
- Boxes of cocoa accepted at the JCC
Donations are being accepted through the end of the year.